Holy Family Catholic Primary School

  1. School Info
  2. SEND
  3. SEND Information Report
  4. SEND - What should I do if I think my child has a special education need?
SEND - What should I do if I think my child has a special education need?


  • In the first instance you should discuss any concerns you have with your child’s class teacher. Your child’s class teacher will take your concerns seriously and as part of normal class work will differentiate the curriculum and make reasonable adjustments to help your child.
  • If your child has not made the expected progress with these adjustments then a meeting will be arranged with yourself, the class teacher and the school’s SENCo (Miss Ashcroft). Your child will also be involved in some of these discussions in order to involve them fully in their learning. Targets and plans to achieve them will be agreed and a date to review the progress made will be set .
  • Some children may need more complex arrangements and in that case the Headteacher, Mrs C Roberts or Deputy Headteacher, will be involved in the discussions about the provision we can make for your child.
  • Your child’s difficulties may require a high level of support and/or specialised programmes that the school may not be able to resource on its own.  In these circumstances the school may be able to apply for ‘top-up’ funding from the local authority.
  • For some children an Educational Health Care plan may be appropriate.  This can be requested by the school or parent/carer.  Many professionals would be involved in an EHC.
  • If, despite our best endeavours, you are not happy with the provision we are able to make for your child then your concerns should be directed in writing to; Mr Michael McDonald , Chair of Governors, at the school address.

If you have any concerns about something you see online, you can visit CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the button below