Our attendance policy has been devised with the safety of your children firmly in mind. Both we, as a school and you, as parents, need to know where your children are during the school day. In the event of you needing to keep your child off school, we need you to ring the school before 9am on 0161 790 2123 on their first morning of absence. The school answer phone is in operation at all times.
Please leave a message giving
- Your name
- Child’s name
- Child’s class
- Reason for absence
- Expected date of return (if known)
If you do not do this, we become concerned as to where your child may be and we will ring you to find out if all is well. This should not be necessary. We all need to work together to ensure the safety of all our children and avoid unnecessary worry.
Arriving at school on time
The school operates a phased entry into school for your convenience. At 8.45am the external doors are opened and children are encouraged to enter their classrooms. The external doors will be locked at 8.55am. Entry after this time can only be gained through the main entrance. Please work with the school and ensure your children arrive between 8.45am and 8.55am each day. For safeguarding reasons we ask that adults do not accompany children to their class in the morning. Messages for teachers can be left with a staff member on the door or at the main office.
Term time leave of absence
These are absences where there is no justifiable reason as to why a child is absent.
How can parents/carers help with attendance?
- Keep requests for your child’s absence to a minimum
- Offer a reason, or medical proof, for any period of absence, preferably before the absence or on the first day of absence
- Ensure that your child arrives at school on time - a reason should be offered for any lateness
- Work closely with the school to resolve any problems that may affect a child’s attendance
- Take family holidays during school holiday periods and be aware that requests for holidays during term time will be refused
- Be especially vigilant with regards to attendance during important academic times
Forms are available from the school office.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
Punctuality is an important part of children achieving their full potential.
Registers are taken at 8:55 am each morning.
Children who arrive between 9:00am and 9:10am receive a late mark.
Children who arrive after 9:10am receive an unauthorised absence.